TECHNOLOGICAL INTERNSHIP IN PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY
FOR PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY PROGRAMME (3rd semester)
The major focus of the internship is on learning professional skills and activities practiced in professional settings. During the internship, students will learn to integrate classroom knowledge with practical applications, will gain work-related learning experience, develop abilities for critical thinking, problem solving and independent work.
The technological internship is carried out during the 3rd semester from 2023-09-04 until 2023-10-29 (2 months, 40 hours per week).
Deadline of the internship organisation is August 7, 2023.
The lectures will start on October 30, 2023.
What you have to do:
- A student should find a company / institution for the internship or log-in in the internship system and apply for a placement, which are published by companies;
- The work done during the internship must be related to the knowledge and practical skills acquired during the Pharmaceutical Chemistry;
- The internship of the student must be supervised by two internship supervisors: the internship supervisor of the company / institution (the employee appointed in the agreement) and university supervisor at the Institute of Chemistry (the lecturer appointed at the Department).
Internship coordinator at the Institute of Chemistry – study coordinator Rūta Aukštakojytė.
REGISTRATION IN PRACTICE SYSTEM AND SIGNING OF THE AGREEMENT
After the internship position selection:
- Before filling the agreement in the practice system, students must combine the subject and tasks of the internship with the company / institution and the university internship supervisor of the Institute of Chemistry (you can send them to supervisors by email);
- In the practice system, student must register the placement of internship and fill an agreement until August 7, 2023;
- After the student has filled out and approved the agreement, the internship coordinator Rūta Aukštakojytė checks and registers it;
- Internship agreements are signed with an electronic qualified signature* (SMART-ID, mobile signature or chip card). Therefore, after the approval of the agreement, the student must send by the e-mail address of the head of the internship institution / company, where the link for signing the agreement will be sent. The registered agreement signed by all parties will be sent to the student by e-mail.
* If the student or the head of the internship company / institution does not have the opportunity to sign the internship agreement with an electronic qualified signature, the agreement can be concluded by signing it in the written form in 3 (three) counterparts, of which each shall have the same legal effects, one counterpart for each party or by exchanging signed and scanned copies of the agreement in PDF format using the following e-mail addresses.
ASSESSMENT OF INTERNSHIP
At the end of the internship:
- Send a written report to the university internship supervisor by email (the deadline is November 10, 2023);
- The internship supervisor of the company / institution must complete the student's internship evaluation questionnaire;
- Students also must complete a questionnaire;
- Present the report of the internship.
- If you have any questions about the preparation of the report, you should contact the university internship supervisor;
- After submitting the internship report in writing, students will have to present it orally to a commission.
2. Student's internship evaluation questionnaire for the supervisor of the company / institution. The student must inform the internship supervisor the head of the company / institution that at the end of the internship he / she will be sent an electronic evaluation questionnaire. The data of the completed questionnaire automatically enters the database, so it does not need to be printed.
Attention! All students must have filled in the registration form in the practice system and correctly indicated the e-mail address of the head of the company / institution, where the electronic evaluation questionnaire will be sent to him / her.
3. Technological internship evaluation questionnaire for the student. Students fill out the internship place evaluation questionnaire by logging in to the internship system. Students will be informed about the permission to fill in the questionnaire by e-mail.
4. The assessment of technological internship for students of Pharmaceutical Chemistry will take place on November 27 (Monday) at 9.00 AM at Organic Chemistry Auditorium (125). Students must prepare oral presentations with PowerPoint slides (5–7 minutes).
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Virgaudas Kubilius – chairman;
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jelena Dodonova-Vaitkūnienė;
Dr. Inga Gabriūnaitė.