The number of credits collected during bachelor's studies after the defense of the thesis must be at least 240; during master's studies – at least 120. An excess of credits is possible – up to 15 credits.
After logging in to VU IS (is.vu.lt --> Studies --> Diploma Supplement), final year students must check their diploma supplements. In case of inaccuracies, contact the Department of Studies by June 5, 2023:
SETTLEMENT OF GRADUATES WITH UNIVERSITY
Each graduate of Vilnius University, who successfully completes the study process, shall clear his/her obligations with the University no later than five working days before the scheduled diploma award day.
Students of the Faculty of Chemistry and Geosciences should clear their obligations with the following divisions of the University by June 12, 2023:
- Vilnius University Library;
- Vilnius University Dormitories Centre;
- Vilnius University International Relations Office;
- Vilnius University Department of Student Services and Career;
- Administration of the Faculty of Chemistry and Geosciences.
You can follow the status of your settlement with the University’s departments by logging into the eStudent environment (is.vu.lt --> Studies -> Students settlement with the University).
Graduates who have key-cards of the Faculty must return them to the Dean's office, otherwise they will not settle with the administration of the Faculty.
SIGNING IN THE DIPLOMA REGISTRATION JOURNAL
On June 16, 2023 (8.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. and 13.15 p.m. – 16.00 p.m.) all graduates of the Faculty of Chemistry and Geosciences, who do not have debts to settle with the University, must come to sign in the diploma registration journal at the Department of Studies:
- graduates of the Institute of Chemistry must come to sign at Naugarduko Str. 24, room 221;
- graduates of the Institute of Geosciences must come to sign at M. K. Čiurlionio Str. 21/27, room 312.
Everyone has to sign in person.
If you do not sign the diplomas in the registration journal, you will not be able to receive diplomas at the Graduation Ceremony of the Faculty.
The Graduation Ceremony will take place on June 19, 2023 at St. John’s Church (Šv. Jono Str. 12, Vilnius):
1.00–2.30 p.m. – Bachelor’s diplomas;
3.00–4.00 p.m. – Master’s diplomas.
If you are unable to attend the Graduation Ceremony, please let us know by June 16, 2023, 12.00 p.m.:
- students of the Institute of Chemistry should contact the study coordinator Rūta Aukštakojytė (phone 8 (5) 219 3104; e-mail );
- students of the Institute of Geosciences should contact the study coordinator Vyta Morkvėnaitė (phone 8 (5) 239 8202, e-mail ).
Considering the type of the event, we invite you to come dressed in formal. We remind you that mantles are not a tradition of our University, if you wish, you can wear university caps.