Dr. Linda Vecbiskena
- PhD candidate in Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Material Science & Applied Chemistry, Riga Technical University, Latvia, 2011 – present
- Master (Honours) of Engineering Science in Chemical Engineering, Riga Technical University, Latvia, 2011
- Bachelor of Engineering Sciences in Chemical Engineering, Riga Technical University, Latvia, 2009
- Researcher, Institute of Biomaterials and Biomechanics, Riga Technical University, Latvia, 2012 – 2014
- Scientific assistant, Rudolfs Cimdins Riga Biomaterials Innovations and Development Centre, Riga Technical University, Latvia, 2009 – 2011
- Senior lab technician, Biomaterials Research and Development Laboratory, Riga Technical University, Latvia, 2008 – 2009
- Biomaterials, Bioceramics, Ceramics Processing, Calcium Phosphate Bone Cements, Composites, Surface Engineering, Cell Culture
- Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Vilnius University, Lithuania, 2014 – 2015
- Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering “G. Natta”, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 2013 – 2014
- Courses on Bioceramics and Technology, laboratory works for bachelor students, Riga Technical University, Latvia, 2011
- Member of National Interuniversity Consortium of Materials Science and Technology (INSTM), Italy, from 2014
Articles in Journals
- Vecbiskena L., Gross K.A., Riekstina U., Yang C.K.T. Formation of calcium-deficient hydroxyapatite via hydrolysis of nano-sized pure α-tricalcium phosphate. Adv. Mater. Res., 1117, 2015, pp 201–204.
- Vecbiskena L., Gross K.A., Riekstina U., Yang C.K.T. Crystallized nano-sized alpha-tricalcium phosphate from amorphous calcium phosphate: microstructure, cementation and cell response. Biomed. Mater., 10, 2015, pp 1–10.
- Vecbiskena L., De Nardo L., Chiesa R. Nanostructured calcium phosphates for biomedical applications, Key Eng. Mater., 604, 2014, pp 212–215.
- Vecbiskena L., Berzina-Cimdina L., Gross K.A. Influence of the tricalcium phosphate phase on the mechanical strenght and biocompatibility of calcium phosphate bone cements, Eur. Cell. Mater., 23 (Suppl 3), 2012, S54.
- Irbe Z., Vecbiskena L., Berzina-Cimdina L. Setting Properties of Brushite and Hydroxyapatite Compound Cements, Adv. Mater. Res., 222, 2011, pp 239–242.
- Vecbiskena L., Irbe Z., Salma K., Berzina-Cimdina L. Characterization of Bone Graft Substitutes Prepared by Transformation of β-Tricalcium Phosphate to Hydroxyapatite in Aqueous Environment, Eur. Cell. Mater., 20 (Suppl 3), 2010, S263.
- Irbe Z., Berzina-Cimdina L., Vecbiskena L. Influence of citrate ions on the setting of α-tricalcium phosphate based bone cements, BIOmaterialien, 11 (Suppl 1), 2010, S45.
- Irbe Z., Berzina-Cimdina L., Vecbiskena L. Mechanically Activated Calcium Phosphate Cements, Stomatologija, Baltic Dental and Maxillofacial Journal, 6, 2009, pp 36–36.
Full-text conference papers
- Vecbiskena L. Biodegradable polymer-bioceramic composite coatings // Proceedings of International Conference of Lithuanian Chemical Society: Chemistry and Chemical Technology 2015, Vilnius, Lithuania, 23 Jan 2015, pp 158-161.
- Vecbiskena L., Gross K.A., Riekstina U., Sung-Wei Y., Yang T.C.K. Formation of calcium-deficient hydroxyapatite via hydrolysis of nano-sized pure α-tricalcium phosphate // INTER ACADEMIA 2014 – 13th International Conference on Global Research and Education, Riga, Latvia, 10-12 Sep 2014, pp 212-213.
- Vecbiskena L., Altomre L., Chiesa R., De Nardo L. Calcium phosphate biocomposite coatings on titanium. I Materiali Biocompatibili Per La Medicina, Mantova: Universitas Studiorum S.r.l., 2014, pp 307-310.
- Irbe Z., Vecbiskena L., Loca D., Berzina-Cimdina L. Optimization of alpha-tricalcium phosphate cement setting // Proceedings of ECerS XII: 12th Conference of the European Ceramic Society, Stockholm, Sweden, 19-23 Jun 2011, pp 1-4.
- Irbe Z., Vecbiskena L., Berzina-Cimdina L. Setting properties of brushite and hydroxyapatite compound cements // INTER ACADEMIA 2010 – 9th International Conference on Global Research and Education, Riga, Latvia, 9-12 Aug 2010, pp 194-195.
- Participation in Grants and Projects
- Researcher in the Taiwan-Latvia-Lithuania Cooperation project “Nanoscaled functional materials for biotechnological and optical applications” (No. IZM 11-13-0501/2), 2012 – 2013
- Scientific assistant in the European Social Fund project “Multidisciplinary Research in Biomaterials Technology of New Scientist Group” (No. 2009/0199/1DP/126.96.36.199.0/09/APIA/VIAA/090), 2010 – 2011
- Scientific assistant in the National Research Program of Latvia: Development of novel multifunctional materials, signal processing and information technologies for competitive knowledge-based products. Project No. 4 “Novel materials and technologies for implantation and evaluation of biological tissues”, 2009
- Senior lab technician in the National Research Program of Latvia: Project No. 4 “Perspective Biomaterials and Medical Technologies” (V7416), 2009
- Senior lab technician in the project “Processing of bioceramic implants with different composition and structure for reconstructive surgery” (No.09.1242), 2009
- Lithuanian State Scholarships for Students, Lecturers and Researchers, 2014 – 2015
- Italian Government Bursaries for Foreign and I.R.E. Students, 2014
- 13th International Conference on Global Research and Education – Inter-Academia 2014 Young Researcher Award, 2014
- 52nd Scientific and Technical Students Conference of Riga Technical University – Best Presentation Award, 2011