Assoc. Prof. Dr. Edita Garskaite
||Naugarduko str. 24, LT-03225 Vilnius, room 235
||+370 (5) 219 3106, mob.: +370 652 39235
||+370 (5) 233 0987
- 2002-2006 – PhD (Physical Sciences, Chemistry) – Faculty of Chemistry, Vilnius University, Lithuania. Thesis: “An Investigation of Substitution and Doping Effects in Different Garnets”;
- 2000-2002 – Masters Degree in Chemistry and Teacher of Chemistry – Vilnius Pedagogical University (current: Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences), Lithuania. Thesis: “The Synthesis and Properties of Alkylated 4(3H)-Pyrimidinones”;
- 1996-2000 – Degree of a Bachelor of Natural Science and the qualification of a Teacher of Chemistry for Schools of General Education – Vilnius Pedagogical University (current: Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences), Lithuania. Thesis: “The Interaction between 4(3H)-Pyrimidinones and α-Bromacetophenones”.
Associate Professor / Senior Research Fellow.
Film and powder synthesis by wet chemistry methods; surfaces and interfaces; nanostructural materials; sol-gel; hydrophobicity-hydrophilicity; colloidal chemistry; material morphological characterization (SEM); luminescence.
- 2007-2009 – Norwegian University of Science and Technology;
- 2009-2011 – Norwegian University of Life Sciences;
- 2011/12 (10 months) – National Taipei University of Technology (Taipei Tech).
Publication list of the last 5 years:
- T.O.L. Sunde, E. Garskaite, B. Otter, H.E. Fossheim, R. Saeterli, R. Holmestad, M.A. Einarsrud, T. Grande. Transparent and conducting ITO thin films by spin coating of an aqueous precursor solution. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 22 (2012) 15740.
- E. Garskaite, G.-T. Pan, T.C.-K. Yang, S.-T. Huang, A. Kareiva. The study of preparation and photoelectrical properties of chemical bath deposited Zn, Sb, Ni-doped CuInS2 films for hydrogen production. Solar Energy, 86 (2012) 2584.
- N. Dubnikova, E. Garskaite, A. Beganskiene, A. Kareiva. Sol-gel synthesis and characterization of sub-microsized lanthanide (Ho, Tm, Yb, Lu) aluminium garnets. Optical Materials, 33 (2011) 1179.
- J. Bagdzeviciene, G. Niaura, E. Garskaite, J. Senvaitiene, J. Lukseniene, S. Tautkus. Spectroscopic analysis of lead tin yellow pigment in medieval necklace beads from Kernave-Kriveikiskes cemetery in Lithuania. Chemija, 22 (2011) 216.
- N. Dubnikova, E. Garskaite, J. Pinkas, P. Bezdicka, A. Beganskiene, A. Kaareiva. Sol-gel preparation of selected lanthanide aluminium garnets, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 55 (2010) 213.
- E. Garskaite, M. Lindgren, M.A. Einarsrud, T. Grande. Luminescent properties of rare earth (Er, Yb) doped yttrium aluminium garnet thin films and bulk samples synthesised by an aqueous sol-gel technique. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 30 (2010) 1707.
- A. Zalga, R. Sazinas, E. Garskaite, A. Kareiva, T. Bareika, G. Tamulaitis, R. Juskenas, R. Ramanauskas. Sol-gel synthesis of RE3+-activated CaWO4 phosphores, Chemija 20 (2009) 169.
- Nanomaterials and their synthesis.
- 2005-2006 (5 months): Socrates-Erasmus Scholarship – Section of Solid State and Theoretical Inorganic Chemistry, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Eberhard-Karls University of Tuebingen, Germany (supervisor Prof. J. Meyer);
- 2004-2005 (10 months): Marie-Curie Scholarship – Dept. of Biophysical and Analytical Chemistry, University of Warwick, United Kingdom (supervisor Prof. A. Rodger);
- 2003-2004 (4 months): Scholarship provided by the Lithuanian State Science and Studies Foundation – Dept. of Chemistry, Masaryk University Brno, Czech Republic (supervisor Prof. J. Pinkas).